[meteorite-list] AD Ain Beida New LL6 for sale L LOOK!

From: Michel Franco <michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:09 2004

Dear List

Thanks for having a look. at www.caillou-noir.com/AinBeida.htm

I have put on my site a new incredible and rare meteorite: it is a fresh
meteorite without crust!
Classified LL6 W0/1 S2 with a very low TKW 745 g it is certainly a
meteorite that any collector wishes to have in his collection.
I have prepared 4 slices and 2 end cuts. One is kept by the Museum d'Histore
Naturelle de Paris. When I showed them the meteorite and the slice I
entended to give them for anayses, they told me that they wanted to keepthe
the 26 g slice as is and I had to send another small ( 3 g) fragment that I
cut from and end cut. I do not entend to cut more as one of the interest
is the absence of fusion crust. You can imagine that such a
meteorite is not really easy to find ! I am used to look at dark rocks, not
really attracted by clear ones. But A hunter should be very curious of any
rock. There it is now for the pleasure of few collectors.
This meteorite was analysed by Michele Bourot Denise at Museum d'Histoire
Naturelle de Paris. Last year. Its publication is pending the good will of
the Nom Com.
I propose it at a very reasonable price during the Tuscon Show.

Shipping world wide. Paypal payments accepted. First come first served.

Snow swirling around the place today!

Best regards.

Michel FRANCO
Met Soc Member.