[meteorite-list] more on Allende

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:07 2004

Art and all, I have bought virtually all of the Allende from the strewnfield
for the last 5 years. 4 and 5 years ago I was getting about 10 kilos per
year. Last year I got about 600 grams! The people I contract with take 20
to 30 people out hunting every day during the summertime before the rains,
and that is all they found. The Allende strewnfield undoubtedly has alot
left to be found, but I think you would have to spend alot of time, and the
people there have been doing it for over 30 years.
Also Allende is not at all fragile, it is a very tough meteorite, and many
of the pieces found look like they fell yesterday.
Mike Farmer