[meteorite-list] Elongated Orthopyroxene Crystal Image

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:06 2004

Dear List Members,

Six List members requested an image of the oriented grains I was speaking of
on my last post entitled "New Ultra Rare Martian Subclass". I do not have
any images of the oriented orthopyroxene crystals in NWA1195 but Jim Strope
gave me permission to post a link to an image he has on his web site. If
you look at this image of NWA 2046 you will see a crystal along the top
labeled "opx core." This image was created using a false color background
on the University of Washington Microprobe.

Interestingly enough a List member, Norbert Classen, independently observed
these crystals in NWA 2046 and reported them to scientists. Good Job,
Norbert, very observant! Anyway here is the link:

http://209.238.151.128/thinsection5.JPG

All the best,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection