!RE: [meteorite-list] UK Fall statistics..

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:06 2004

Dave,

Leighlinbridge is in southern Ireland not classed as in the UK..

Of course none of these statistics take into account recoverability over
the years and the fact that we are an irregular shaped island surrounded
by sea, the country is higher than it is wide. Also there are more
potential witnesses now than in the 17th Century, and of course many
more never get seen! But about 12 years is a good working assumption

But I would be interested to know how many other countries have a
theoretical fall rate of 11.8 years?=20

What I should do is work out the average per square area..

But Like I said I was bored!

Cheers!

Mark