[meteorite-list] pictures of Mars lookalike rocks from PA

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:05 2004

Hello all,

I've posted a couple pictures of some of my rocks from PA on the World of
Meteorites site that make me think of what Mars rocks might look like. I've
included the dark metadiabase(a gabbro) that I commented on the other day
that I think looks like the stuff we are seeing in the rover pics. I also
included are 1.6 billion year old pieces of gabbro, olivine gabbro,
peridotite, and anorthosite (more like the moon). The gabbro pieces sure look
like shergottite to me and others. There is another excellent picture from
Matteo on the page that is a piece he got from me a couple years ago. Enjoy
and join my dream of having loads of Mars rocks one day just like this pile.

John

http://www.worldofmeteorites.com/modules.php?
set_albumName=album13&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.ph