[meteorite-list] USA meteortites.

From: Howard Wu <freewu2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:05 2004

--0-559176009-1074710334=:45890

It seem less strange that Americans are finding "fresh" meteorites in the vast western United States by weekenders than that they are all headed to Sahara Africa to '"seed" them here. No one is getting rich of of selling American meteorties.Most are being kept by the finders.There is very little market in them at all. We are talking almost exclusively of ordinary chondrites found on dry lake beds not rare types. It would take a giant comspiracy of all these collectors to pull this off and for what reason. I suspect this acquisation stems from a guilty conscience projected onto others.

Howard Wi

DNAndrews <DNAndrews_at_frontiernet.net> wrote:
 However, I don't apologize to
Matteo. He's been inserting his jabs on Americans for a couple of years
now. And that isn't even the issue. The things he complains about, he
is the biggest offender. So, according to Matteo, Robert Verish, Rob
Matson, Nick Gessler and all the other crew are seeding the SW deserts
with NWA's for new finds? There are no other people who keep such
stringent records of their finds....Lat/Long, person who finds it, time
of day, size, weight, classification, leave a marker, etc....need I say
more? The source of these allegations is preposterous. You owe all
these people a big apology. Why is an African desert more prone for
finds than an American one? Why does an Italian salt-water ocean beach
produce such a fresh find? Beats me!

Lido de Dave

--0-559176009-1074710334=:45890

<DIV>
<DIV>It seem less strange that Americans are finding "fresh" meteorites in the vast western United States&nbsp; by weekenders than that they are all headed to Sahara Africa to '"seed" them here. No one is getting rich of of selling American meteorties.Most are being kept by the finders.There is very little market in them at all. We are talking&nbsp;almost exclusively of ordinary&nbsp;chondrites found on dry lake beds not rare types.&nbsp;&nbsp;It would take a giant comspiracy of all these collectors to pull this off and for what reason. I suspect this acquisation stems from a guilty conscience projected onto others.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Howard Wi<BR><BR><B><I>DNAndrews &lt;DNAndrews_at_frontiernet.net&gt;</I></B> wrote: </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">&nbsp;However, I don't apologize to <BR>Matteo. He's been inserting his jabs on Americans for a couple of years <BR>now. And that isn't even the issue. The things he complains about, he <BR>is the biggest offender. So, according to Matteo, Robert Verish, Rob <BR>Matson, Nick Gessler and all the other crew are seeding the SW deserts <BR>with NWA's for new finds? There are no other people who keep such <BR>stringent records of their finds....Lat/Long, person who finds it, time <BR>of day, size, weight, classification, leave a marker, etc....need I say <BR>more? The source of these allegations is preposterous. You owe all <BR>these people a big apology. Why is an African desert more prone for <BR>finds than an American one? Why does an Italian salt-water ocean beach <BR>produce such a fresh find? Beats me!<BR><BR>Lido de
Yahoo! Messenger</b></a> - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends
--0-559176009-1074710334=:45890--