[meteorite-list] What do you think of that?

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:05 2004

We were trying to have a bit closer look at the
pics of this item, and I just recived a short
note from prof. Martti Lehtinen (university of
Helsinki) I can aggree. The specimen looks a bit
old to be a fresh iron. There may be some troilite
inclusions in the sample, but it may also show
some rust, but who knows...;-

pekka s

Some iron fragments have been found from the area, but it`s hard
to say, if they are from this bolide yet;

> FIRST NEWS ON METEORITE RECOVERY.
>

> The Spanish researcher Dr. Javier Garcia Guinea of the Museo
> Nacional de Ciencias Naturales in Madrid and the Centro
> Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (CSIC) has made the
> first analysis to a sample recovered by an individual from the
> falling area in the North of Palencia. The preliminary
> analysis seems to be POSITIVE being probably an Iron Meteorite
> that consist almost entirely of a nickel-iron metal alloy. In
> case of confirmation we are in the presence of a historic
> recovery because until this date not orbital information has
> been obtained on this kind of meteorites. In the next days we
> plan to extend this information in more detail.

http://www.spmn.uji.es/ESP/nov38eng.html

Have asked the coordinates of this found from the seller, let´s see,
if I´ll have them, and if so, are they located in Spain or in Siberia...;-

pekka s

http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2219315732&category=3239

--
Pekka Savolainen