[meteorite-list] What do you think of that?

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:04 2004

why....is not possible find a iron meteorite in Spain?
Or is type the question italian meteorites, impossible
to find? If this is a Sikhote alin well, for me the
Taza is all sikhote's find in desert see is many many
similar, or Etter for me is a NWA put in USA....hard
give a confirm....

Matteo

http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2219315732&category=3239

> [...]
> etc.
>
> * ... frightened- Mama, the horse, the goat, the
> pig, etc.
>
> * ... killed the cow, the dog, the mailman, etc.
>
> * ... too hot to touch for three days.
>
> * ... set the field, the woods, Charlie, etc., on
> fire.
>
> * ... glowed real bright green, red, blue, etc., all
> night.
>
> * ... melted the shovel, pick, car, cat, etc.
>
> * ... picked that little sucker up out of the bottom
> of the ten foot
> deep crater that it made.
>
> There are, of course, any number of other
> descriptor/phrases that lend
> virtually
> infallible authenticity to what would otherwise be
> 'questionable
> meteorites'. But
> the ones above will give a good start to novices
> unfamiliar with what to
> look for
> in the eBay ads.
>
> The one item in the eBay ad description that had a
> ring of truth to it
> was the
> mention that it was found only twenty minutes after
> falling.
>
> I can easily imagine the following scenario (you'll
> have to excuse me
> for not
> illustrating this with people from the towns of
> Palencia and León in
> Spain; I
> have to go with what I'm familiar with):
>
> <Zeb and Luke are rocking on the front porch of
> their shack high in the
> Ozark
> mountains, in the cool of the evening, imbibing
> their nightly refreshment.
> NOTE: Setting not important- same thing can and does
> happen anywhere in
> the world.>
>
> ZEB: "Looky thar, Luke, a shootin' star!"
>
> LUKE: "Yep. Shore nuff, Zeb, 'nother one o' them
> rascals."
>
> ZEB: "Looks like it landed jes' over that hill
> yonder. Let's go git that
> sucker."
>
> LUKE: "Alrighty. I'll jes' grab the jug to take
> along. Nice night fer a
> stroll ennyhow"
>
> <Down the road and behind the hill twenty minutes
> later.>
>
> ZEB: "Yep. Thar she lies, Luke. Rat thar in the
> smack dab middle o' the
> trail."
>
> LUKE: "Wal, whatcha wanna do with this one, Zeb?"
>
> ZEB: "Wal, I reckin we can do what we done with all
> them others, Luke.
> Let's
> take 'er back to the shack, take some o' them
> deegital pichers of it and
> git the little sucker listed on eBay as quick as we
> can."
>
> LUKE: "Sounds like a plan to me, Zeb. Can always use
> that extree money these
> thangs bring in. Need 'nother snort?"
>
> ZEB: "Yup."
>
> [With apologies to Arkansas Steve Arnold and other

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com