[meteorite-list] NWA 30xx !!! Where is NWA 2xxx ??????

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:03 2004

Hello Again List,

Numbers are now being reserved in blocks. A lot of these serial numbers are
wasted on stones that will never be classified. It is my feeling that if a
number is reserved and a classification is not submitted within 2 years
these numbers should be returned to stock. Some dealers get a number for
every stone and for meteorites they never intend to get classified. They
feel it is better to have 30 main masses rather than just one when marketing
these unclassified meteorites. In my opinion this system needs to be
changed as it is abused greatly.

All the best,

Adam Hupe