[meteorite-list] Finding Bits Of Mars On Earth

From: Charlie Devine <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:03 2004

Ron and list,

Towards the end of this article, one of the scientists expresses concern
that private expeditions will beat the scientific expeditions back to
the LaPaz ice field next year. He is quoted as saying: "The expeditions
who use our information to help a tourist pick up a meteorite and lock
it away in a private collection, it's a travesty to me.' How long has
this been going on? Is it gong on? I thought the Antarctic was off
limits to private hunters?
Regards,
Charlie