[meteorite-list] AD - A VERY RARE offer

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:02 2004

Hello all -

I hope the new year finds you well.

I have available for sale a large fragment of the very rare NWA 1877 Olivine
Diogenite.

It is one of the largest samples of it in the world weighing 59.6 grams.

As many of you know, this material has consistently traded for $750 per gram
and retails for $500 per gram.

I am opposed to cutting it for two reasons:
The posterity of the piece
The cut loss

I would much rather save the piece and forward the cutting loss in savings
to you.

So, before I set of to destroy it, I would like to see what your interest
is. Send me an offer, all reasonable offers will be seriously considered. I
am looking to get cash in order to get me out from under the initial
purchase but EXCEPTIONAL trade offers are welcomed as well. Furthermore, I
am willing to discuss a significant finders fee for anyone able to find a
buyer.

Some facts about the piece:

The Olivine Diogenite, NWA 1877, fragment I have for you to consider is the
largest single piece currently available for sale in the world.

It weighs 59.6 grams and is a bit larger than a golf ball and round in
nature.

It is the rarest class privately available in the world, one is Antarctic,
GRA 98108, the other two NWA.

The other, NWA 1459, was 49 grams and sold out for thousands of dollars per
gram. This NWA has a TKW well under a kilo after a full year of searching
the area.

It is ~50% Olivine with huge crystals poking out everywhere, golden orange
in color, the whole meteorite.

It is the deepest sample to date from Vesta.

It is very friable and I would be happy to stabilize it upon request and
agreement to purchase. So much Olivine cleavage it is trying to break itself
apart.

This is rarest meteorite class, the deepest Vesta sample and no HED
collection is complete without it.

High resolution photo available to any interested buyer.

Rob Wesel