[meteorite-list] JAH, SAU, DAG & Co

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:01 2004

Hi Fr=E9d=E9ric, Rafael, List,

This time Matteo was completely right by stating that Jiddat Al Harasis is a
"place" in Oman, far from Lybia and the DAG plateau.=20
I wish to point out once more such mistakes as some collectors consider a
precise locality as very important. I have also seen elsewhere (a web site)
such a mistake with Sayh al Uhaymir (Oman) also supposed being in Lybia....
Knowing Sergey and his expertise, not only in meteorites but in their
precise locations, I bet it is just an inadvertence or some unwilling
mistake from him.
In case of doubt, just refer to this superb handy reference that is
"Meteorites from A to Z" (and I am so happy to learn that the new edition is
almost issued!)

Best wishes,

Zelimir

At 05:58 14/01/04 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear Robert,
>Dar al Gani is the geographical name of a Reg, which is a calcarus plateau
>located in Libya. I don't know about Jiddat Al Harasis, which is maybe the
>name of a town or village near by, as Dar al Gani is actually a cry wide
>area.
>Best regards.
>
>Frederic Beroud
>www.meteoriteshow.com
>IMCA #2491

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Groupe S=E9curit=E9 et Ecologie Chimiques (GSEC) - ENSCMu
3, rue A. Werner
F-68093 MULHOUSE Cedex, FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 94
FAX: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 15