[meteorite-list] Stardust Flyby Images of Comet Wild 2

From: Bernhard <rendelius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:00 2004

This is a layman's answer:

A comet only looses substantial matter when close(r) to the sun. So yes,
after some time he disintegrates, but this can take a long time,
especially when he's big. Some comets' orbits are even disturbed in a
way that they drop into the sun - they are gone then, naturally.

  _____

Best regards,
Bernhard "Rendelius" Rems

CEO RPGDot Network

This outgoing mail has been virus-checked.