[meteorite-list] Weathering Grades

From: Rafael B. Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:59 2004

Hi list!!!! I was checking my collection and all the new african meteorites
in the market, I ve seen that a scale to measure the grade of weathering
meteorites I have, well I have the basi knowledge of that, Ie seen meteorite
from W1 to W4, I know that 3 and four is very wheahtered, but at what point
of weathering grade does the meteorite in completely rusted or
terrestrialized???, also at what point are the meteorites characteristics
destroyed?, because I want to get new types of meteorites that I dont have,
but I would like somewhat fresh specimens, not an H3 that is weathered and
destroyed by weathering.

I heard that Weathering Grade is explained in the New book of Cambridge
Encyclopedia of meteorites, but I dont have it :(, and no one in my city
that I know have it. Thanks list...

2001 Space Collection
Rafael B. Torres