[meteorite-list] NWA 869 update

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:58 2004

--- Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritesaustralia.com> wrote:
> G'day Rafael,
> I have a page here with info regarding NWA 869. The
> address is:
> http://www.meteoritesaustralia.com/nwa869/
> Its current official classification stands at L5.
> Hope this helps some,

Nice NWA869 page. The TKW is more than 1500 Kilos
though. I have gone through more than that myself and
there are lots of dealers with more. I would estimate
more like 3000 kilos. The strewnfield is now totally
hunted out and there is very little left in the field.
There are still a few stockpiles which will keep it on
the market and the price down for a while but its not
going to last forever.
I have as customers about a dozen or more show dealers
who buy a couple kilos every month or two and a lot of
NWA869 is sold off into thousands of new meteorite
collectors. For the last 6 months or year or so new
collectors have pretty much been driving the meteorite
market and many of them have started with NWA869. The
tens of thousands of small specimens of the NWA869
meteorite has been a godsend for creating tons of new
meteorite collectors.
Cheers
DEAN
www.meteoriteshop.com