[meteorite-list] New to List: Intro. Dog struck by meteorite lives on!

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:57 2004

Dear Anita;
Welcome to the List. After a bit, you will be filled with other
emotions besides being thrilled. That is fine, as life is full of all
different emotions.
You will laugh at us, mourn with us, become your own person of opinion
and worth here for us to banter with. You will learn big words, and
astrophysics. You will one day ask your self, "how does that dim wit
manage to dress himself every day". Geology and astronomy are much
closer related than either discipline will professionally admit.
Ride with the intrepid adventurer as he travels to the exotic lands of
India, Morocco, the California deserts, and warmly, Park Forest! Wow,
this all happened in just the past year.
We are rapidly approaching the one year anniversary of the shuttle
disaster, at times for good, and bad, we are ahead of the national news
with information. Be prepared.
Expect little verbal wars to erupt, expect to see works of love and
accomplishment, expect to see many warm friends of the meteorite world
laugh and be silly, and yet be professional meteorite experts. See
little contests of sharing and compassion.

Learn to graciously "eat crow".

Our list has an archive. There are many many links to web sites, and
personal pages with information. We have the Meteorite Times emagazine,
we have the handful of best books and another handful of really good
books, we have the NASA posts and we have the camaraderie of the big
Tucson show, and other smaller shows. I tend to savor them all.

Please understand the "delete" key at your keyboard is your right and
privilege to use, and use it often.

Also note that for every one list post, there are sometimes a few to
many side posts of list members sending private emails to friends asking
further questions, poking further insult to injury, or sending lots of
little smily faces with Hi-five messages.

 Please feel free to develop your people skills along with your
meteorite education. We are, as a whole, a very warm and passionate
group. If you do not agree, just start a post about a dog in Africa
that may have been thumped on the head by a rock from the sky.........
or publicly evaluate the worth of eBay, or pull up the topic of "specks"
as specimens, and see how much fun you can witness.
Your grand provocateur; ........ oh, and above all, keep praying for a
meteorite to fall in your back yard!
Dave Freeman
IMCA# 3864
eBay user ID mjwy