[meteorite-list] New to List: Intro

From: Anita Westlake <libawc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:57 2004

Dear Meteorite List:
  I just joined this list a couple of days ago and am thrilled to be a
part of it.
  I came to love meteorites through the back door you might say. I have
always loved rocks and minerals, dabbled a bit in fossils and then found
my truest love of all: meteorites.
  What I find so fascinating about meteorites, and I'm sure you'll all
agree, is the stories they have to tell. Knowing where they came from in
space is pretty cool, but knowing the stories they tell once they land
makes them fascinating even to a newbie like me. Two such stories come
immediately to mind: Peekskill and Valera.
  I only have 32 meteorites in my collection right now, but I certainly
hope to add more as time goes by. I don't have to have the best piece,
or the biggest. The fact that I own it at all is plenty good enough for
me!
  I hope I can make contributions to this list with my limited
knowledge. If nothing else, my enthusiasm should win the day!

Anita Westlake
Atlanta, GA