[meteorite-list] NWA 1836 Eucrite "Twisted Sister" Info Wanted

From: fcressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:28 2004

Hello all,
Thanks for your input. Interestingly when you add the weight submitted to
the Nom. Comm. (505.1 g.) to the weight of the main mass that Nelson Oakes
has (596.77 g.), you have the TKW that Nelson Oakes listed for the
individual stone, or 1101.87 grams. So if my logic is correct, it looks like
the TKW of NWA 1836 is 1435.87 grams and is accounted for in two stones, a
1101.97 gram stone (Oakes) and a 334 gram stone (Hupe).
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks,
Frank