[meteorite-list] Glassface found the 33rd Mars Rock

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:25 2004

OK, Mr Smartypants,
        Send me the ORIGINAL site - I obviously went to the "moc"
site.
        Michael

on 2/22/04 2:33 PM, Sharkkb8_at_aol.com at Sharkkb8@aol.com wrote:

> mlblood_at_cox.net writes:
> I don't get it, you guys.... not misleading unless you don't read.....I d=
on't
> get it... =20
> I don't get YOU, Michael ;-) - where here do you read that he's NOT
> selling this stuff as Martian? (You sure you're not just re-reading Joh=
> D.'s=20
> retaliatory fake-Martian-auction spoof?!)
>=20
>=20
> NWA Mars Basaltic Achondrite just got here !
>=20
>=20
> "This stone was purchased in Rissani, Morocco, november 2002. Trapped mel=
> inclusions in olivine contain Al-pigeonite, Al-diopside, pleonaste and gl=
ass.
> Large opx phenocrysts show preferred orientation; olivine phenocrysts are
> weakly=20
> oriented and tend to occur in clusters. The stone has a 1=AD2 mm weathering
> rind; interior is very fresh. The nomade that sold it to me said he saw i=
> while=20
> walking through the desert. Twelve unusual meteorites are almost certainl=
> pieces of Mars that were blasted off the red planet by meteoroid impact. =
They

--
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably
meant don't kill them.
           Anonymous
--
For perspective, try THIS:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.htm=
--
cool message fro Ben & Jerry:
www.TrueMajority.org/oreo
--
AMAZING photos of Aurora Borealis, etc.
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/atmosphere.htm
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--