[meteorite-list] Chiang Khan authenticity

From: martinh_at_isu.edu <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:25 2004

Hi All,

Several years ago, I met Oliver through some email exchanges. Oliver's interest in Chiang Khan is more than passing, and I suspect he is the world's authority on the fall.

We discussed Chiang Khan years ago, and even to this day, I consider it an honor that he took the time and effort to educate me about the fall and his recovery efforts. Oliver even gave me a piece of Chiang Khan for reference. I have since gotten a much larger piece, a oriented complete individual to be more specific. And the one pictured in the auction is not too different from my own.

Therefore should one question the authenticity of the piece of Chiang Khan under discusson, please know that although its looks are somewhat non-traditional, it is well within specs for this fall.

Cheers,

Martin H. (USA)