[meteorite-list] Dave's Tucson Report

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:23 2004

Dear List;
Here is what I did on Tucson's big weekend! First I got a call from
John Gwilliam wishing me a happy snowstorm. Then I went dancing and
partying (drove two miles from home). Met lots of interesting people
that know nothing about rocks or meteorites. .....Tucson has a rock
show? Who plays it, AC DC?
Saturday John called again to wish me well again (it was about 15
degrees, and a 12 hour blizzard started on Saturday afternoon) John
noted it was nice and warm. By Sunday morning the wind chill had
lessened from the -20 it was but we still had 0 wind chill and two and
three foot drifts in town. Sunday we plowed the drive way, first time
plowed in 12 years in Rock Springs. Did the spirits of "Tucson~not"
blow in on us?
As Mark noted below, "Perhaps next year nature will be more kind to
us"... all...
Missed you all,

Dave F. (snow bank) Oh, almost forgot, on Sunday was the 1 year
anniversary of my finding the 13th. Wyoming meteorite, hopefully named
"rock springs", will find out in July. It is not possible to hunt
meteorites now.