[meteorite-list] !!! Dangerous ammonites !!!

From: Nicholas Gessler <gessler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:22 2004

Wow, I thought I could cope with the dangers of meteorite hunting compared
to milk-toast fossils...
Now I have to search for safe ways of chiseling ammonites out of the bedrock:

Andrei, writing about the Vitim Bolide Event, says: "Local residents, who
have a lot of experience in mining operations using large charges of
ammonite (sic), claim that the associated sounds of explosion were rather
powerful." (Meteorite, February 2004, page 30, column 2, paragraph 3.)

Since Morocco produces ammonites in great quantities, it will only be a
matter of time before this trade is curtailed under WMD non-proliferation
treaties...

(Since so much seems to be "Lost in Translation," please note that this
posting is a joke based upon an editorial error. No disrespect is intended
to either Andrei or Joel who I hope will appreciate the serendipitous humor
in homophonic words.)

Cheers, Nick

P.S. It was great seeing many of you in Tucson.