[meteorite-list] Iranian Fireball Was Of Geophysical Origin

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:22 2004

Dear Charles, Rosemary and List,

Dr. Andrei Ol'khovatov from Moscow, Russia weighed in on the Elma incident
and came to the same conclusion, a geometeorite was to blame. It is amazing
how similar the two events are. The kid with the burnt fingers in Elma and
a kid with a burnt face in Iran. Three laboratories weighed in on the Elma
incident. Two believe it to be a geophysical event and one believes there
is a more earthly explanation. To me it is an unsolved mystery. I stopped
commenting in public because there is no way to prove what happened either
way and it was causing some grief with a few List members.

All the best,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185