[meteorite-list] Franconia Meteorite

From: Randy Mils <acculabs_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:21 2004

<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I saw a big meteorite in ET's room at the Inn Suites with a sign listing it as the Main Mass of the Franconia meteorite.&nbsp; I think it was&nbsp;found on Super Bowl Sunday.&nbsp; The ink on the sign had&nbsp;scarcely dried when I heard that a 7kg piece was found a few days later.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I remember when Gold Basin first came out and the price was well north of $1.50 per gram.&nbsp; Before long, meteorite hunters decended on the Gold Basin strewnfield.&nbsp; Last time I checked on ebay, Gold Basin could be had for a quarter a gram&nbsp;on some auctions.&nbsp; I heard rumors in Tucson of several groups planning on searching for Franconia meteorites after the show was over.&nbsp; Could Franconia be the next Gold Basin?&nbsp;&nbsp; I can almost hear our Italian friend saying "Bah!, the prices are in ruin"</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Randy</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>