[meteorite-list] my 2nd tucson show

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:21 2004

Good morning list.I am back from tucson.I had the best 4 days I have had
in a long time.I came back with 19 new meteorites for my collection.My
best steal was a 37.6 gram piece of estherville for $160.01 in al langs
auction.I beat the other guy by 1 cent.I am completely happy with I came
home with.I had a half hour delay in las vegas because he was drunk and
started to get out of hand, but our fine officials removed him.Proud tom
was a now show, but in his most humble honor I accepted his award for
him.I stayed way out in ORO VALLEY.I took 4 rolls of film, and later this
week I will have some great pictures.I want to thank bob c. for putting us
up for 4 days.We are going to do this again next year.The santa anita
mountains are the most breath taking I have ever seen.We had an alltime
record for people at the birthday bash.I also want to thank our hosts for
having another great time.Like I said, I came home with 19 new
meteorites,my best were all steals in al langs auction.You know about the
estherville,I also got a fragment of BARWELL (1.7 GRAMS), for $80.I also
got a piece of NWA 1650 5.1 GRAMS, for $40.Not a bad price for a
eucrite.The best piece I got was one of the new howardite,a 4.689 gram
slice of NWA 3175.I got it from erich hiderar in a trade.I saw bob and
heidi haag again spent most of an hour at the westward look again.I had
him sign a copy of his very first color catalog of meteorites from 1984.It
was a hoot for him down memory lane.I met alot of new people, and oh yes,
THERE NEVER WAS ANY NUNS AT ALL!All in all I had a great time.I will go
again next year, but it will take time to recover from this one: )Well
that is all for me.Oh also I met mexico doug.He stayed with us.One of the
most HUMBLE and honorable people you will ever want to meet.I hope he
stays with us again.Well I gotta go read my 200 emails now.Remember,
pictures up on my website of the show later this week.That is all for now,
I'm still tired and have to go get ready for work.

                                 steve arnold, chicago,usa!!!

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120
I. M. C. A. MEMBER #6728