[meteorite-list] Beer 'n' meteorites

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Aug 27 01:53:22 2004

Toxicity above 0.00002 g in a day (expect shortness of breath, diarrea, polka dot skin rashes besides getting buzzed from the beer and probably an insignificant tad of neural effects), and higher long term incidence of respiratory cancers, and at 15 grams or so will likely cause you heart failure on the spot. That of course, depends on how well you brew it as plenty of kids have eaten nickel clad coins (US 10c, 25c, 50c, etc.), and lived, or straight nickel alloy coins. For 15 g you would need a minimum of 200 grams or so of your garden variety coarse octahedrite and more of course if you got stoned meteorites.

In case you wondered, nickel uptaken accumulates in the body. 2% of the amount you eat/drink and 10% of the amount you snort will stick around accumulating with a biological half life activity in you of 3.5 years. So drinking it is clearly the safer bet.

Brewers can practice on tailings or leached slurries from old nickel ore mining operations to approximate the effects before trying the good stuff, if they have any sanity left.

Saludos, Doug

  Subj: Re: [meteorite-list] Beer 'n' meteorites