[meteorite-list] Are Meteorites For Boys Only?

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 23 13:31:52 2004

This is a hillarious thread about meteorites and sex! I though I would sit back and be entertained, but there is that pesky Y chromosome to cope with while all of you speak your minds...

Anyway, my juvenile take on it all is that,

1. Guys want to promise gals a ride to the stars, fireworks, etc.
2. Gals just want the forever diamond in the rough urelite, or if you are lucky, they'll settle for Mr. Haag's big peridot.

>From these two postulates, you can explain the species-

-the "baby hop in my corvette. Don't get the leather dirty and watch out for the meteorite thrown on the seat!"
-the "check out my rocks, honey (they may be old and rusty and not much to look at now, but once they fell from heaven amid Zeus's thunderbolts)"
-Look sweetheart, a bessey speck of Mars! (she says: can we go to the beach, and see the 9.99 X 10^99999999999 bessey speck silicates of the third planet for once.) Honey, you don't understand, I own Martian real estate ... here, you can touch it. Really, touch it... it's mine. She says, "My love you are sooooo confused, can you take a hint what a girl wants!"
-the "My meteorite (or whatever) is bigger than his, a.k.a., bigger is better."
-the My micromount (or whatever) comes in a small box and is managable.
-the "I am king of the natives, they worship me by selling the secret stone, and you can be my queen of the modern pygmy campesinos if you let me spend thousand$ on more rocks as I blow their minds with money.
-yes, she says, "I am an artist in the kitchen and he scavenges funny rocks."
-Wow, after all these years I have my new meteorite case. She says, "The dog loves it because it looks like a fire hydrant my love, not because he is awed by meteorites. I swear you're gonna have to sponge up Rover's mess as soon as you move it from where everyone trips."
"But Honey, don't make fun of Rover! I spent months training him to smell organic meteorites and big bucks on Murchison for practice. The next carbonaceous fall and Rover will leave all those meteoriteman wannabees heads spinning while he goes fetching, especially where they can't".
"Right baby," she says, "this is going a bit far, don't you think? The Smith's dog is happy enough with bones. Does Rover really need meteorites to chew on, I mean doesn't he get enough iron in the puppy chow?"

You can even make a stab from this on why garbagewomen are just as rare as meteorite collectrixes, pool cleaner chicas, women boxers. Maybe most of them know something the guys haven't figured out, by the way, guys are sometimes accused of having higher specific gravities.

This is just one man's point of view and furthermore deferred 100% to the expertas, and still personally would be totally humbled to my knees if she even offered to cook me dinner instead of just shoving her meteorites in my face thinking this is all I wanted from her. So hopefully things won't change too quickly in my lifetime.

Of course I'd be happy to do the cooking and dishes for Paris Hilton if she invited me to her isolarted private Rancho Elipse de Dispersi?n in her private jet, as long as she let me do (at least some of) the hunting.

Saludos, Doug

En un mensaje con fecha 08/23/2004 8:45:09 AM Mexico Daylight Time, libawc_at_emory.edu escribe:
I believe you are right: girls are oriented towards girlish things to a
certain extent. I remember being a kid and watching my older brother become
fascinated with dinosaurs. At a very early age he was correctly identifying
pictures of different dinosaurs and pronouncing these wonderfully exotic
names. I was in awe of him and jealous of the attention he was getting from
my parents. When I tried to join in, I was ignored. (Of course, I didn't
know what I was talking about...)

It wasn't until I pursued my love of rocks, minerals and fossils on my own
that I discovered meteorites. I would venture to say that girls/women aren't
exposed to these things and therefore don't know what they're missing! When
I show people my collection (men and women) I occasionally see that gleam in
their eyes ("How cool is that?" "Wow, who would thought?") but then the
flash goes away and they start thinking about what they're going to have for
dinner.

Anita