[meteorite-list] Question: SAH99150 & SAH00225

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 22 08:54:31 2004

Hola list,
Bernhard asked me to forward his mail, as he comes not through like several
other members (neither with Html nor text formate).

------------------------------

Hi there,

I have recently checked all my meteorites against sources on the
internet regarding the classes I have written down for them. Everything
is fine, with the exception of two meteorites from the SAH bunch:

1) SAH 99150 - I have no information about this one.

2) SAH 00225 - this is pretty strange. I bought a 4g part slice from
Michael Farmer back in October 2003. As far as I remember, it was sold
as unclassified back then (for me, it looks like an ordinary chondrite).
Now I have found a MetBull from 2001, calling SAH 00225 an enstatite
chondrite. Most likely, my piece of SAH 00225 isn't 00225 at all, Has
anyone a photo of a piece of this meteorite so I can compare mine?
Furthermore, what was the meteorite Michael sold as 00225 last year? Did
I swap numbers? Michael, do you still remember what you sold back then
or do you still own something from this meteorite?

Your help is very much appreciated.

A last question: does anyone know what the outcome of the classification
of NWA 1685 is? I still have it listed as "unclassified".

Bernhard