[meteorite-list] Tambo Quemado

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 21 16:26:28 2004

Thank you, Jeff, for making "a quick page up" of my gorgeous Tambo
slice (probably only surpassed by Mike Farmer's complete slice!) and
my comments!

David Weir's website - an inexhaustible source of valuable information
has the following on Tambo Quemado and I quote from his comments:

"As the graftonite recrystallized, phosphoran w?stite and * s i l i c a *
were added to the inclusion to form a new silicophosphate ..."

I don't know what such a silicophosphate looks like, so here is my
question: David (Weir), Marc de Fries, and you other knowledgable
list members, have I found such an inclusion?

If you haven't seen the images yet, please take a look and let us know
what it is or might be. One of our list members was kind enough to offer
to have a scan taken through a Raman imaging microscope, a technique
that would be non-destructive and especially sensitive to graphite.

But, maybe we can shed some light on this "critter" before I may consider
sending it back across the "Big Pond". Here is the URL once more:

http://www.meteoritesaustralia.com/space/tambo.html

Best wishes,

Bernd