[meteorite-list] Aftermath of Hurricane Charlie (Off Topic)

From: Nature's Vault <naturesvault_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 19 15:17:21 2004

Hello Bernd and list,

I just officially joined the list. I was using Adam's subscription in the
past and following the archives with our joint efforts and collecting.

I just moved to Lakeland, Florida in mid-July to pursue additional interests
after driving cross country from Seattle. I was on a two week trip to
Morocco and Mauritania when hurricane Charley struck. Luckily my house was
untouched but just 20 miles to the south entire neighborhoods were leveled.
It looked as if a giant hand had wiped all of the houses and buildings away.
I feel especially fortunate as half of our collection is here. If my house
had been taken out there would have been a giant multi-meteorite strewnfield
in Lakeland consisting of planetary, achondritic and everything else.

I will post some links to some cool photos I took during my move. I captured
an awesome shot of a lightning bolt in the background of Meteor Crater
looking as if it had struck the rim. I hope it scans well.

I will be resuming our eBay auctions, along with new weekly rare specials,
tonight and will be offering additional meteorites and other natural
collectibles such as fossils and shark's teeth under my other eBay seller
name of NaturesVault.

Please note my new email addresses below.

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection (now from coast to coast)
meteoritelab (eBay)
NaturesVault (eBay)
IMCA 2185
gmhupe_at_tampabay.rr.com