[meteorite-list] Ad - Largest fragment of NWA 011 on ebay

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 17 21:36:25 2004

Dear List,

I am in the process of getting back into the swing of things, meteorically
speaking. As most of you know, during the summer we took a break from
listing auctions on ebay. This gave us time to catalog and reorganize the
entire Hupe Collection, a major undertaking. We are testing different user
IDs and image services in anticipation of listing thousands of items on ebay
over the next six months. Soon, we will launch several auctions under the
ebay name most of you are used to,"meteoritelab" but this week I am testing
user ID "raremeteorites" that has not been used since 1999. We will be
reactivating yet a third ID soon, as well. The use of several IDs will help
us to better manage several thousand auctions and will allow three
individuals to do more work than was previously performed by one.

Many will be happy to hear that we will be announcing a new rare meteorite
every week as we have done for over two years. We have some monumental
discoveries that will be announced as soon as scientists give us the green
light so stay tuned this fall.

I am only running one auction this week to test the user ID
"raremeteorites". I am parting with the largest known specimen in private
hands of NWA 011. To make the auction more interesting I am starting the
specimen out at 99 cents, pretty good considering that 4mgs sold for over
$600.00 establishing a new record. To see this item check the link below
and go to listings:

http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=raremeteorites

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock
IMCA 2185