[meteorite-list] Perseids 2004 from California

From: Thomas Kurtz <thomas.kurtz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 12 11:59:01 2004

>How was it for some of the rest of you?

>Best regards,
>Robert Woolard

Hello List,

I observed the Perseids in California, 1 Mile from the Lick Observatory and
it was a great show ! I begun at 4:10 AM and saw 7 Perseids in 2 minutes.
Then unfortunately, comes a cop and drove my friend and me away, at 4:10 AM!
This is Americas Liberty.
But we drove some miles away and saw between 4:25-4:40 20 Perseids.
3 bolides (-4m, -2m, -1m) and many perseids with magnitude 4-6m.

Greetings from Sunnyvale,

Thomas Kurtz.

PS.: I'm living now near San Jose in Silicon Valley. I'm working by Pinnacle
Systems until end of February.
I am very interested to get to know meteorite collectors from my
neighborhood.
Who lives here ?
Last weekend I was in Nevada in Tungsten Mountain and found a 8g Meteorite.
I have much experience in the field of meteorite hunting and found
meteorites in Poland and in Arabia desert.
I'm very interested to search for meteorites with you in the next 7 months.
Please let me know and we can make a Silicon Valley meteorite meeting here.
I brought some seldom meteorite with me, probably lunar !

My website :

www.stud.fh-hannover.de/~kurtzt