[meteorite-list] Meteorite Found in California?

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 3 14:39:32 2004

Hi Dave and List:

Dave quipped:

> I have two meteorites on ebay for sale.....wonder who has the other 16
> for sale? Some one must have forgotten some zero's.

(in reference to):

> On Wednesday afternoon, the Internet site eBay had 18 purported
> meteorites for sale, ranging in price from $6.99 to $1,000.

Rather than a typo, perhaps this was a deliberately sneaky choice of
wording. There may indeed be only 18 ~PURPORTED~ meteorites for
sale on eBay, to go along with the hundreds of ~REAL~ meteorites
on eBay. Also, by only providing information about the "purported"
eBay meteorites, perhaps the author was adding subtle commentary
on the status of the new California find... ;-) --Rob