[meteorite-list] Request from List......Now my posting since I couldn`t earlier.....dirk ross

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 3 07:21:14 2004

Dear List and Dave,
     This is maybe important for all of the list to
consider.
  I bid in good faith on the 0.4 grams of Tagish
Lake.  When I won it for a very low price I began to
wonder why.
     I contacted the seller Dave and asked if he had
made a mistake on the weight (yes, after the sale
because I cannot stay at my computer to watch 24
hours/day) (I had guessed that I would not win because
of the low bid on a high priced item; sometimes I bid
instead of just "watch listing" this gives me an
advantage when I want to continue to bid to purchase
an item.
   If I had not been honest I would have bought the
specimen and found out later that it was not 0.4 grams
at all and then would have proceeded to file a legal
complaint with an attorney for fraud and would have
won because the seller was mis-representing what he
was selling. The customer is always right; even if
you aren`t happy and don`t turn a profit.

   SELLERS please check the weight and double check.

   Dave I am not that kind of person; I am honest.
And I discovered that you had made a mistake and that
is why I don`t agree with your following letter that
you sent today threatening me with IMCA sanctions,
etc. No I am not a greedy person as you have called
me.
    I ask the list to judge.
    Sorry Dave this one is on you.  Any bad marks with
EBAY will also be made to your buying customers.  I am
sorry to say that you have lost me as a future
customer.
  Sorry for this small personal problem to take your
time, but it does have implications for the list as
buyers and sellers.
  Any comments from other members?
  Thank you.  Sincerely, Dirk Ross IMCA #5677....Tokyo

P.S. Dave I am sorry for you but this will be a very
cheap lesson compared to a lawsuit (even though I
would not bring legal action against anyone on this
LIST...BUT SOMEONE MIGHT!)