[meteorite-list] Unidentified Light in Australian Night Sky

From: GeoZay_at_aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 30 19:56:38 2004

>>"It was quite a bright green, my husband
described it as a copper green," Kath Town said
on ABC South East NSW, "And it was travelling
in the sky towards the west across the lake. It
kind of had a great big ball and a bit of a tail and
then it disappeared."

"A minute or so afterwards there was what
sounded like a sonic boom, kind of an explosion ...
it was quite dramatic, it set our ducks off
chattering and the dogs barking."

Kath Town said the light appeared in the sky for
three or four seconds and was a distinct, vivid light.
"It was quite large when you compare it to shooting
stars and that sort of thing."

Suspecting it was a meteorite, she rang the
Astronomical Society of Canberra who said there had
been meteorite spottings recently but couldn't
confirm that was what she had seen. <<
It sounds like a possible meteorite dropping fireball to me.
George Zay