[meteorite-list] Ad - Awesome Diogenite For Sale - Cheap

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 27 15:20:45 2004

Hello All-

I have just a few pieces of this awesome diogenite available for sale at an
exceptional price. First come, first served. I will be at the desk for the
next hour or so to answer your emails and I don't expect they will last much
longer than that.

Photos available here with weights listed in the picture titles:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/robandcolleen11197/album?.dir=/dc57

Price is $10 per gram for slices, $9 per gram for individuals
Shipping US $4, Foreign $5.50, Insurance $2

Dhofar 700
Oman
Found November 15, 2002
Diogenite
Twelve dark-gray stones totaling 2770 g were found in the Dhofar region of
Oman. Classification and mineralogy (S. Demidova, Vernad, G. Kurat, NHMV):
fusion crust is absent; the meteorite has an equigranular texture and
consists mainly of orthopyroxene Wo2.5-7En62-71, (Fe/Mn ~ 25 at.);
accessories are clinopyroxene Wo8-25En55-66, olivine Fo63-68, plagioclase
An89-95, silica, chromite, troilite and FeNi metal (0.2-3.8 wt.% Ni, 0.3-0.8
wt.% Co); terrestrial weathering is not significant; rare iron hydroxide is
present. The characteristic feature of the diogenite is a low MG# value of
mafic silicates. Specimens: 350 g plus thin section, Vernad; main mass with
anonymous finder.

Payment can be made via PayPal to:
Nakhladog_at_comcast.net

or mail to: