[meteorite-list] Map to the American Meteorite Museum

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 26 15:45:08 2004

Hello Al and list,

The "unsure" comment was Gregory's, but thank you for looking that up for us.

During one of my trips to the crater, the guide tour mentioned that the man behind deciding where Route 66 would be was a friend of Barringer's. The guard tour hinted that Barringer talked this man into making the road come by the crater. I don't know if there is any fact in that and the guard tour didn't seem to know either. So I guess this is more just an urban legend. Route 66 was needed because of the many servicemen in San Diego. Logic would tell me it makes more sense to have the road cut across Northern Arizona, where many tourist attractions are, rather then other parts of the state, mostly empty. So I guess you can just consider this food for thought.

Mark
www.meteoritearticles.com