[meteorite-list] **ALERT!**

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 13:05:29 2004

Hi Jeannie,

Please have her write a detail report and send it to us so we can post on
our Missing/Stolen page.
Also you may want to contact Eric Twelker of The Meteorite Market as he is
in Juneau, Alaska
His e-mail is twelker_at_alaska.net

Thank you,

Paul and Jim

At 07:28 AM 4/22/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>A good friend of mine, and an avid meteorite collector just had her entire
>collection of meteorites stolen out of her car. She and her husband
>(military) are moving and she had the whole collection boxed and in her
>car so she could hand carry it on their flight. I just talked to her
>briefly from the police station so I don't have exact details, but she has
>a wide range of specimens of about 70 different types I would guess. 99%
>are of the type that would fit in a 3x4 Riker Mount. They include
>Martian, Lunar, rare stones, irons, pallasites....just about
>everything. She also has about 20 Egyptian artifacts that were stolen at
>the same time.
>
>Please, all of you, keep your eyes and ears open and let me know if you
>are contacted by a suspicious person looking to sell a collection or get
>one appraised, or anything at all you find suspicious. The collection is
>worth many thousands of dollars I'm sure.
>
>If there are any major dealers out there who are not on this list that
>anyone can pass this post on to, I would appreciate it. I'm not quite
>current on who is on the list.
>
>She is just heartbroken, and sick over this. I really feel for her. I
>know if I lost my whole collection I would just feel devastated.
>
>You can contact me via this list, my private email which is
><mailto:musnat_at_alaska.net>musnat@alaska.net or if you prefer, by phone.
>(907) 258-3373. If I am not available at that number you can talk to
>Jerri or Adam or Brittan.
>
>Thanks to you all, and hopeful to hear from someone soon!
>Jeannie Devon
>The Nature Source, Anchorage Alaska

   Paul Harris paul_at_meteorite.com
   Jim Tobin jim_at_meteorite.com
   The Meteorite Exchange, Inc. http://www.meteorite.com
   MeteoriteTimes.com http://www.meteoritetimes.com
   PMB#455 P.O. Box 7000, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 USA