[meteorite-list] Harvill to Perry Letter, April 10, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:15 2004

------=_NextPart_001_000F_01C42708.6C18C200

(University of Arizona letterhead)
University of Arizona
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
TUCSON

April 10, 1952
Dear Mr. Perry:
In connection with the proposal about which you and Dr. Nininger were con=
cerned, whereby you would contribute $2,000.00 to the University of Arizo=
na to be used by Dr. Nininger in the search for meteoritic material in Me=
xico, I am pleased to advise you that the University will be glad to rece=
ive the funds whenever you find it convenient, to be disbursed, in turn, =
by the University as fees to Dr. Nininger to cover the cost of exploratio=
n and study in Mexico.
The University of Arizona is interested in this program, and a committee =
of the University has given considerable thought and attention to the pro=
posal. In return for disbursing any funds which you make available for th=
is purpose, the University would require that Dr. Nininger submit a compl=
ete report of his travels and research findings when they are completed a=
nd leave with the University significant samples of meteoritic materials.=
 I hope that you will find this proposed procedure satisfactory.
No further formal procedure is necessary, other than that you indicate yo=
ur willingness to advance the funds on this basis. The University will, i=
n turn, make the funds available, as needed, to cover the services of Dr.=
 Nininger.
Sincerely yours,
(signed)
Richard A. Harvill
President
RAH:mr

------=_NextPart_001_000F_01C42708.6C18C200

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(University of Arizona letterhead)</P> <P>University of Arizona</P> =
<P>OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT</P> <P>TUCSON</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>April 10, 1=
952</P> <P>Dear Mr. Perry:</P> <P>In connection with the proposal about w=
hich you and Dr. Nininger were concerned, whereby you would contribute $2=
,000.00 to the University of Arizona to be used by Dr. Nininger in the se=
arch for meteoritic material in Mexico, I am pleased to advise you that t=
he University will be glad to receive the funds whenever you find it conv=
enient, to be disbursed, in turn, by the University as fees to Dr. Nining=
er to cover the cost of exploration and study in Mexico.</P> <P>The Unive=
rsity of Arizona is interested in this program, and a committee of the Un=
iversity has given considerable thought and attention to the proposal. In=
 return for disbursing any funds which you make available for this purpos=
e, the University would require that Dr. Nininger submit a complete repor=
t of his travels and research findings when they are completed and leave =
with the University significant samples of meteoritic materials. I hope t=
hat you will find this proposed procedure satisfactory.</P> <P>No further=
 formal procedure is necessary, other than that you indicate your willing=
ness to advance the funds on this basis. The University will, in turn, ma=
ke the funds available, as needed, to cover the services of Dr. Nininger.=
</P> <P>Sincerely yours,</P> <P>(signed)</P> <P>Richard A. Harvill</P> <P=