[meteorite-list] Space Storage Tank - reentry space debris (AD)

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

         In the past few years a couple of Soviet storage
tanks from orbiting space units have fallen to earth,
exhibiting outstanding reentry markings and mini-craters
from small meteoroids colliding with it in space. Rob Elliott
published photos of his excellent example in a nice article in
METEORITE MAGAZINE not too long ago as an exceptional
addition to his personal world class collection.
         We offered one of these at the Denver Auction two years
ago. I have now been offered the opportunity to offer yet another
of these phenomenal objects for sale. This one is by far the most
visually spectacular of those I have seen so to date.
         See for yourselves at:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/129010964/129011226ZpTbWu
    =20

INFO:=20
Fell in Brazil March/April 1989 according to the finder.
The fall was during the day near the two towns of Santaluz and Capim Grosso=
,
who's coordinates are respectively: Lat 11=BA 15=B4 21" South Long 39=BA 22=B429"
West and Lat 11=BA 22=B452" South Long 40=BA 00=B4 46" West.
Sphere Weight =3D 13.0 kg.
Volume: 24.04 litters
Diameter: 38 cm
Price: $10K US=20
(firm - this is NOT the "negotiating" price. If you prefer to negotiate,
then the price is $12K)
         For those of you a bit short of $10K this month, you may enjoy
seeing this spectacular object free of charge!
         Best wishes, Michael