[meteorite-list] Main mass of Oum Dreyga (Amgala) recovered !

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

Dear Phillip and List,

The main mass is larger than 2.5 kilograms and Amgala is currently being
studied at NAU which should release results soon. Three different type
specimens have been submitted and it looks like it will classify as an H3.8
rare Polymict Breccia with exotic clasts. Be careful about find location as
we reported the strewn field was between Amgala and Oum Dreyga the very
first post we made on the subject. An unrelated L5, W2 black chondrite find
was being mixed in at first skewing the strewn field results. Also some Zag
is reappearing and being sold as Amgala confusing the issue even more if
that is possible. After looking at several pieces of Amgala and Zag it is
easy to tell them apart. Zag has some extremely dark lithologies, the crust
is different and is a regolith breccia.

Hope this helps clear up some confusion,

The Hupe Collection