[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger letter, July 27, 1951

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:13 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41FBD.335A6A60

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
July 27, 1951

Dear Nininger:
Thanks for your letter of July 18, received yesterday, and the photos of =
the Peru iron -- especially for your very kind offer to give me a slice o=
f it. The specimen ins in my cainet at home and I will sent it to you whe=
n I get back.
I shall be glad to join with you in a description of this very interestin=
g iron, though we may not get the job finished very soon. I shall want co=
nsiderable more photographic work done.
What about an analysis of the sawings? I can get it done at Washington ve=
ry competently, or maybe there is some analyst that you would prefer.
Of course you get all photos -- two sets if you want them, as you no doub=
t will.
The photo of the spheroid at x500 is interesting and I will give it some =
study when I get home where the other spheroid photographs and data are. =
Whoever made the photo did well. But he did not indicate the etching, whi=
ch is important.

With cordial regards,
Sincerely,
(Stuant Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original se=
nt to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41FBD.335A6A60

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)</P> <P>J=
uly 27, 1951</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>Dear Nininger:</P> <P>Thanks for your l=
etter of July 18, received yesterday, and the photos of the Peru iron -- =
especially for your very kind offer to give me a slice of it. The specime=
n ins in my cainet at home and I will sent it to you when I get back.</P>=
 <P>I shall be glad to join with you in a description of this very intere=
sting iron, though we may not get the job finished very soon. I shall wan=
t considerable more photographic work done.</P> <P>What about an analysis=
 of the sawings? I can get it done at Washington very competently, or may=
be there is some analyst that you would prefer.</P> <P>Of course you get =
all photos -- two sets if you want them, as you no doubt will.</P> <P>The=
 photo of the spheroid at x500 is interesting and I will give it some stu=
dy when I get home where the other spheroid photographs and data are. Who=
ever made the photo did well. But he did not indicate the etching, which =
is important.</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>With cordial regards,</P> <P>Sincerely=
,</P> <P>(Stuant Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The or=
iginal sent to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)</P></FONT></DIV>=
</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41FBD.335A6A60--