[meteorite-list] Fwd: Pribram

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:12 2004

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:10:12 +0200 (MEST)
Wrom: QHYUCDDJBLVLMHAALPTCXLYRWTQTIPWIGYOKSTTZ
To: peterscherff_at_rcn.com
Subject: Pribram

Hello,

I donīt know if any of this is available for sale. Very probably
not, as the Czechs view many of their meteorites as sort of
"holy grail" material (PS: ask Serguei Vassiliev who lives in
Prague).

Nonetheless I was able to get a thin section of Pribram for
my collection, though it is only small in cross section. And
Iīve got Tieschitz, both in thin section and as a small "hard-
ware" piece, but rest assured: this is very difficult to acquire.

>From MetBase, here are the current holders of Pribram:

4783g: Prague, Nat. Mus. [main mass]
140g: Washington, U.S. Nat. Mus.
50.7g: Moscow, Acad. Sci.
17.8g: Heidelberg, Max-Planck-Inst.
16.5g: Mainz, Max-Planck-Inst. Chemie
9.4g: Bern, Phys. Inst. Univ.
5.5g: London, Nat. Hist. Mus.
3.7g: Augsburg, Heinlein Colln.
0.7g: Paris, Mus. d'Hist. Nat.

May be Dieter (Heinlein, see Heinlein Colln.) can tell you
more, as he seems to have a remarkable little piece of
this fall.

Best regards,
Alex
Berlin/Stade, Germany

You wrote:

            Seeing as today is the anniversary of the Pribram meteorite
fall. I was wondering if any of this meteorite is in private collections;
and, more importantly, if anyone knows if any is available for sale?

Thanks,