[meteorite-list] Dronino

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:09 2004

The first pieces were terrible, I have one 100 grams piece in the
riker-box, and itīs pure shale and dust now, itīs one of the first
pieces came tothe market after the found.

The more new ones purached from Finmet are quite stable, donīt
know exact, whatīs the method Ivan uses to satbilise them, but
they seem to stay in a good condition. I have had a polished end-
cut on my desk several months without any marks of rust.

The price of Dronino is quite low, so to me it seems worth to
buy a piece, itīs a quite interresting one. But you have to check,
you are buying a stabilised piece, not one of the first catastrophes...;-

best,

pekka s