[meteorite-list] original rosamond

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:01 2004

I agree with Mike.
Let's get any corrections or revisions in to him and
his brother so that the next version of "A to Z" will
be even better than the last one. In the meanwhile,
let's continue to refer to the "5th Edition" of the
Catalogue of Meteorites should we run into any
contradictions or discrepancies.

We've got Mike pretty much up-to-date on California
and Nevada meteorites. But some of the information he
can't use, yet, because it hasn't been published.
Can't "reference" this information if it isn't
published, yet. So even though I got the 'original
Rosamond' classified at UCLA, I've been unsuccessful
at getting that classification entered into the
Meteoritical Bulletin. My task to get this updated
information into the Catalogue requires that I get
over that hurdle first.

One more thing - "the Pomona Collection"...
This is an old name that I purposely avoid using,
because the proximity of Cal Poly Pomona to Pomona
College can cause confusion. Also, Pomona College is
only one of 8 or more schools that make up the
"Claremont Colleges". In truth, Claremont College
didn't lose the Rosamond Meteorite, because this
Consortium didn't even exit at that time. When it was
lost, the meteorite was in a collection which resided
in Pomona College, which is in Claremont, California.
I find the term, "Claremont Colleges Collection" to be
less confusing.

The Claremont Colleges:

http://www.claremontmckenna.edu/about/colleges.asp

[meteorite-list] original rosamond