[meteorite-list] Help???

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:00 2004

------------ Original Message -----------
[meteorite-list] Help???
bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de bernd.pauli@paulinet.de
26 Sep 2003 19:56:56 UT

author ]

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alosthawker/vwp?.dir=/meteorites&.dnm=My+
> ne
> w+SA.jpg&.view=t

Yep, I can "see it loud and clear" :-) here are the
details of that beauty so that you don't think I am
kidding:

My new SA
Thumbnail: 2 KB | Screen Size: 26 KB

Best regards,
Benrd

to get that link to work, a person would have to copy
and paste:

> ne
> w+SA.jpg&.view=t

to:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alosthawker/vwp?.dir=/meteorites&.dnm=My+

And while we're on the subject, there was an earlier
post about links to eBay auctions not working, as
well.
Turns out, that for people with HTML (instead of TEXT)
messages, there is a character in those auction URLs
that causes "3D" to be automatically inserted!
(*e.g.*)
In order to get the link to work - just delete the
characters "3D", then do any other necessary editing,
and "copy and paste" any portion of the URL that
doesn't wrap around.

Yeah, I know. It sucks!
You take a lot of effort to make a great-looking eBay
auction (utilizing all of your web-expertise), and a
straight-forward email AD "blocks" your customers from
getting to your auction! :-(

Others on the List can explain "Why" this happens much
better than I can. I'm not all that "web-savvy" but I
do like to solve puzzles. And I've been puzzled why I
haven't read about how to deal with these nagging
problems before, so I thought I would share this info
now that this subject is so prevalent on the List.

Bob V.

(*e.g.*) - as it appears in Archives:

Hi,=0D
Just to say that I am offering more Orgueil on eBay -
a couple of nice chunky chunks, not dust....=0D
=0D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3D3239&item=3D2193=
832516 =0D
=0D