[meteorite-list] SA Orientation???

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:58 2004

> I recieved a very nice little 12g SA that has a very nice roll over rim
> but instead of being featureless on the backside, it has very nice deep
> regmaglypts! HOW???

Tom, my personal guess is that it had already developed those thumbprints
before it became oriented. Its rapid plunge through the Earth's atmosphere
allowed it to develop a roll-over rim but there was no time left for the ablated
material to "envelop" or "inundate" the rear part which is usually warty or/and
shows ripples.

Bernd

To: knudson911_at_frontiernet.net
    meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com