[meteorite-list] Ad - Rare Weekly Special

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:57 2004

Dear List Members,

We are trying to get back on track with our weekly rare specials. This week
we would like to introduce Dhofar 019. Dhofar 019 from Oman, is a
Basaltic-Doleritic Shergottite from Mars Found January 24th, 2000. This
rare Martian meteorite has several unique features not found in other
Martian Shergottites. Some interesting features are the presence of
"Orangettes" similar to those found in the world's most famous meteorite
ALH84001, its long CRE age of 12Ma and its very old crystallization age of
525Ma +/- 56Ma. It also displays alteration (weathering) from the planet
Mars. There are no pairings and a Total Known Weight (TKW) of 1056 grams is
reported for this find. Over 119 grams has been submitted to science and
most of the rest was sliced into 1/2mm to 1mm slices accounting for huge
cutting loses leaving very little material for collectors. This well
studied meteorite continues to provoke interest in the scientific community
but is less appreciated in the circle of collectors. We believe a greater
interest will occur when collectors are informed on how really unique this
meteorite is.

We purchased all that was available at the Denver show and are passing on
the savings with low starting bid and buy it now prices. We are able to do
this because of the incredible price we realized by purchasing this material
in bulk. We are keeping the largest specimen for our own collection and
will offer the rest. Once these specimens are gone, that is it from us
because very little of this material is in circulation due to bargain
pricing. We expect the price to increase, as collectors become more aware
of the several unique features this material represents. Making these
prices more attractive is the huge surface area to weight ratio becuase of
how thin these specimens were prepared. To see these offerings click on the
link below and look at the Dhofar 019 specimens:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/meteoritelab/

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

All the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185