[meteorite-list] dronino (in)stability: a solution ?

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:56 2004

Hello Mark, Matteo, List,

Mark, thanks for pertinent comments. Yes, it can well happen that the
protectant I used involves some oil that further coates the material and
keeps the moisture away. Remember that it also removes rust quasi
instantaneously and that it seems not to attack the Widmannst=E4tten=
 pattern,
at least during the one or two minutes rubbing, that its use is rapid, safe
and so easy. Well, we also must wait to see what happens to the meteorite in
future, but I stay optimistic.

To answer Matteo's concern, I am not sure it is worth that I start sending
you (or anyone) a sample of "Strahldur".=20
It is a simple and probably very common cleaning product to be found
everywhere around the world. Postage would be higher than the product's=
 price.
 I suggest you first go to your closest Supermarket, browse through various
samples offered as rust removers or metal polishers, read the notices,
compare with mine and make some trials. You may well end up in discovering
something better.

If, anyway, you don't find, I'll be glad to help by trying to find more.

Cheers,

Zelimir
------
At 11:09 16/09/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Zelimir
>
>Sounds like its a protectant aas well. The orange smell may be from a=
 critus
>extract that Sunkist sells commercially which is a very strong cleaner in
>its own right (used in manny hand cleaners and cleaning products). It is
>slightly acidic and will attack some of the rubber substitutes. My guess is
>that you've put a protective oil and wax coating on the metal and by its
>very nature, keeps the moisture away from the metal.
>Great find, I think I'll see if I can't make my own version here.
>Mark
----------

Matteo wrote:

I have ask if you have a
tube of this product for sale.
Regards

Matteo
Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Groupe S=E9curit=E9 et Ecologie Chimiques (GSEC) - ENSCMu
3, rue A. Werner
F-68093 MULHOUSE Cedex, FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 94
FAX: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 15