[meteorite-list] Cold hunting question

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:54 2004

Hello List, This is related to meteorites only in getting permission of land
owners for use of their property. This is just a lesson in being honest!
  My older brother and I were scouting deer to hunt. We saw the biggest,
record breaking buck we had ever seen leaving BLM land heading towards a
large cattle ranch. We drove ahead and found the ranch house about a mile
down a dirt driveway, we where accompanied the entire way by a dog. I went
up to the house while my brother waited in the car. I asked the owner for
permission to look and hunt the buck we had seen. He happily agreed. This
guy was the nicest older gentleman you would ever want to meet. Then, one
of the strangest things that ever happened to me happened. The old man's dog
was old and clearly suffering bad! The land owner said he needed to put the
poor old dog out of it's misery, but did not have the heart. He asked if I
would do "the deed" for him!!!! I could not refuse, even though I love
dogs, but love for this dog would be putting it out of it's misery! So,
being the smart a _ _ I am, when I went back to the car and told my brother
what a jerk this guy was. I went on ranting and raving about his attitude!
The old dog was following us back up the driveway. I told my brother to pull
over and I grabbed my gun and shot the poor old dog. My brother was in
shock!!! I was leaning out the window laughing as hard as I ever laughed.
But to my chagrin, I heard a gun shot and my brother yelled at me to get
back in the car because he just got one of the jerks cows!!!

BE HONEST, it will keep you out of trouble!!!!

Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168